After living abroad for about a year with my boyfriend, I’ve narrowed down the best places to go with a S.O. (because some places are just better with your girlfriends.)
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants proves that Santorini is magical no matter who you’re with, and it’s true – you really can’t go wrong…but, this place was made for love. Here’s why.
- Views. #nofilter
- Sunsets. All sunsets are romantic, but Santorini sunsets take it to a whole new level.
- Caves. I mean look at these rooms.
- ATVs and boat cruises
- Amazing dinners by the Aegean Sea, fresh seafood, private islands, crystal blue waters, blue domes, I mean, it’s just gorgeous, blue, and warm. Go in summertime.
Cliché yes, but for good reason.
- Eiffel Tower views
- Champagne cruises on the Seine
- Wine & Macaroons
- Love Bridge, where you lock your <3 forever.
- The Louvre – because who wants to explore the museum in a big group.
Maybe I’m bias, but there is something so charming about this city.
- The river and the bridges are perfect for strolling.
- Everybody is big on PDA – if you can’t beat ‘em…
- Tapas were made to be shared.
- Parque María Luisa – just go there and you’ll understand.
- Wine for days, see a theme?
I can’t speak for other seasons, but around Christmas it was amaze.
- Colder temperatures, mountains, and snow makes for perfect snuggling conditions.
- Fondue. So delicious and you’ve gotta share it.
- Christmas markets. Strolling hand-in-hand under Christmas lights with glühwein wine, checking out all the little treats and trinkets was, for lack of a better word, magical.
- Sledging. What better person to risk your life with than your PIC?
- Winding, little cobblestone streets with the cutest houses.
- On the border of France and Germany, so you can share crepes or a brat smothered in sauerkraut.
- He can have a pint of beer, you can enjoy wine. (or vice versa)
- The perfect city to just stroll, explore, eat and drink without a huge list of sites to see. And it’s beautiful.